P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Concerning Cognac & Life

Life is good. I just gave my thesis advisor a very expensive cognac, and he suggested that we should enjoy a glass. This was quite unexpected; if you knew my thesis advisor, and I don't expect you to, he is the type of guy who would be appreciative, but he would still take it home never thinking of letting a starving student share in the pleasures of fine distilled French wine. So when I bought the bottle all I could think of was how much I wanted just one glass, and now I'm going to get it.

As good as that is, that is not the only reason life is good. Sure I'll be out of a job in three weeks. Sure I don't have an apartment, so I'll have to beg to sleep at my dad's house for a while. Those are objective evils, but for some reason I think that every thing is going to work out fine. I have no idea why I think this, and to the best of my knowledge there is no precedent for things turning out for the better. All the same life, even when your dirt poor, is a whole lot of fun. Being really is better than non being. I just know that this cognac thing is indicative of life in general. You never get the whole bottle you paid for, but you might get one glass; which in some cases (jobs, apartments, love, cognac) makes up for it.


3 Comments:

Blogger Wavelet said...

Yay! Of COURSE everything is going to work out all right! All things work to the good of those who love God, etc!

p.s. welcome to the blogging thing.

9:34 AM PDT  
Blogger Wavelet said...

Yay! Of COURSE everything is going to work out all right! All things work to the good of those who love God, etc!

p.s. welcome to the blogging thing.

9:35 AM PDT  
Blogger Wavelet said...

in my frubjousness, i seem to have posted twice. carry on then.

9:36 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home