P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

To MLK: With Love, DP

At the Museum of Modern Art you can sit in the lobby
on the foam-rubber couch; you can rest and smoke,
and view whatever the revolving doors express.
You don't have to go into the galleries at all.

From: May Swenson, "At the Museum of Modern Art"

Sorry Marian, I don't know if you even read my blog, but I found this and thought of you. Well actually I thought about myself, and me not going into the galleries. Ten minutes to close you came out of MoMA's revolving doors. Waite, they aren't revolving doors any more are they? And the foam-rubber couches are gone, and the smoking indoors. They are killing all poetry these remodelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home