P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Thursday, June 23, 2005

I have no idea what made me think about this, but I came up with a top five list of my favorite DVD special features.

Lost In Translation: Inteview with Sophia Coppola, and Bill Murray. All around the best interview feature I have ever seen.

Punch-Drunk Love: Mattres Man Commerical. A great "commercial" with Philip Seymore Hoffman.

Sense and Sensibility: Commentary by Ang Lee and Executive Producer (male). In general they sound very uncomfortable about how much they liked making a Jane Austin movie.

Sense and Sensibility: Commentary by Emma Thompson and Producer (female). The best part is where they both start crying when Marianne thanks Brandin after she almost dies.

Young Adam (Rated R version): Under a section called "Extended Scenes" you can watch the whole scene that they had to cut to get a R rating. A great way around Blockbuster's and Wal-Mart's no NC-17 movie rule.

On another notem, my local NPR station is asking for money again. I just want to call and say "get over it I'm a republican I hate anything with the word 'public' in it" (nearly an exact quote from Bill Moyers). Anyway it still beats Air America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home