P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Russia!

Ah, it happened again! Yet one more huge exhibition in New York that I've missed in the last few years. First it was El Greco, and then Byzantine Art (as you remember both at the Met). Now it's Russia! at the Guggenheim Museum. It closes in January. What is so upsetting is that I could have gone to it. It opened on September 16, and I WAS F***ING IN NEW YORK THEN.


















I don't know if it gets any better than this one.











Oh, Repin! One of the few great painters that could give Turnner a run for his money.

















Soviet realism at its best.













Same again.

1 Comments:

Blogger ridley said...

Man, that does look awesome...I like me some Soviet realism. Can't go though. No money, plus BIG FAT EXAMS. At least you have a fun excuse like being in Scotland.

7:11 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home