P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

September

Without a doubt the best time to be alive and living in Denver is the four or five weeks between Labor Day and our first snow. However, God sometimes plays a cruel trick and our first snow comes ten days after Labor Day. I don't know how to describe it; its not Indian summer, although it is sometimes called that. Really I think that why the locals like it so much is because it is the only month in Colorado with good weather and no tourists. The other months with no tourists have the worst weather imaginable. So for thirty days we can go outside and we can enjoy the mountains and we don't have to hear from other hikers that the Cowboys rule, or New York is the only real city, or how every one really wants to live in California. If the tourists loved their receptive homes so much, then why don't they hike and sky in their mountains. I'll be honest, I hate Denver, I hate the weather (except the for-mentioned), I don't really enjoy the people (there just a bunch of gen-x hippies and yuppies who the only things they care about are women, Fat Tire, and the Avs (Avs being the name we give to our hockey team)). When I leave this place I cannot think of one reason why I should come back. Family? Well that is a different story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Schniederjan RKC said...

what about the broncs?

4:02 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home