P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 Favorites

Aletheia just did something like this. I guess its something you think about at the end of the year. Well if any one cares I am going to give you my favorites for Anno Domini Nostri Iesu Christi 2005.


Favorite person (that is, the person who let me sleep on her floor for three nights, bought drinks a few occasions, and generally just showed me a good time in the Big Apple.)

Marian Kummerline

Favorite unpaid job,

Independence Institute

Favorite paid job,

(Blank)

Favorite discovery of mine that got me the nick-name 'dildo Dan'

Favorite web site discovery,

Wikipedia

Favorite new blog,

First things

Favorite old blog that I found this year,

Joey McKeown

Favorite blog post,

Joey, free and liberal man

Favorite new movie (I only saw about ten movies this year),

King Kong

Favorite concert, show, opera I saw,

Opera Colorado's The Marriage of Figaro

Favorite new book (published in the last two years),

Anne Applebaum Gulag: A History

Favorite old book,

Eberhard Bethge Dietrich Bonhoeffer: A Biography

Favorite philosophy book,

G.W.F. Hegel Elements of the Philosophy of Right

Favorite Book that was written about my college, or by someone who went to my college,

Naomi Schaefer Riley God on the Quad

Favorite painter I did not know existed before I went to an exhibition of his paintings,

David Alfaro Siqueiros

Favorite painting I always knew existed, but had never seen before,

Favorite purchase that has made my life better,

Glenn Gould (1955): Bach Goldberg Variations BWV988

Well that's all I can think of right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home