P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Dan Movies

I have been told that I tend to see far too many random, indie ... for lack of a better word, sex movies. This is an accusation that has plauged me since High School. I bring this up because I have recently seen several such movies, and I wish to tell you to only see one of them. First, there was the Secretary; a truly bad movie in every sense. I didn't even get to the end, and there isn't even any crazy sex until the end (I know this because someone who did see the end told me). Next, was War Zone, don't worry if you haven't heard about it, I don't think anyone has. This is one of the darkest and most disturbing movies I have ever seen. It is also Tim Roth's Directoral Debut. I wont give any plot details, but I will tell you it has a lot to do with how incest can destroy a family. The third movie, and one which I highly recommend, is La Dolce Vita. It is also the cleanest out of the three. There is now way to give a good introduction to this movie; I can only say it is unlike any thing else. At this point I should explain why I see so many of these kind of movies. Some one will tell me about a certain movie, for the sake of argument let us call it Russian Ark, and so I get intrigued. Now about two years later I am walking around the video store and I see Russian Ark, and I think "I've been wanting to see this movie, I have not seen it yet, therefore I shall rent it and watch it." Now Russian Ark turns out to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen and I curse the fates.
On another note. My old cohorts should be proud of me, I am listening to Denver's only indie rock station right now. Three songs ago it was the violent femmes, and now it is the Japanese Beach boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home