P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Saturday, October 16, 2004

The Buzz ... For Sarving Scholars.

Since I have been out of the loop for a few months I want hear all the news out there. First, and this question is for a Mr. Peterson or a Ms. Smith, What is up with this Michael M. Uhlmann, and should I check out his new article in first Things, (for you in my class who cannot remeber the editor of First Things gave a lecture our freshmen year, and for everyone else a memeber of its advisory board gave a lecture last year). Second, what is up with this conference at Notre Dame this november 18-20. I want to go, but although it says Haldane is going to be there in the advertisments it does not say that he will be there on the web. Joe, I'm looking at you to explain this; for all of you who will be there, the greatest living philospher will be there as well. As for the greatest living philoopher, Alasdair MacIntyre, he is also going to be at CUA to give a lecture. So, make you plans for D.C. fit with the lecture. If only his lecture was around the same time as W's second inaguaral adress, right? Please pass on any info about events to me, so I'll at least know what I am missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home