P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Monday, September 13, 2004

Mr. Douglas Adams' Insight

Recently I have started filling up my copious amounts of free time with re-reading the Hitchhinkers Guide trilogy. To let you know how much free time I have, I am now half done with Mostly Harmless and I started less then a week ago. I bring this up because I suggest that all of my readers who spent four years of their lives in southern California, as I did, should go back and read Chapter 30 of So Long, and Thanks, for All the Fish. Granted I was on the wrong side of four gin and tonics when I read this chapter, but still I thought it brilliantly captured the state of mind that southern California gives to the unsuspecting visitor. It's fake, and it's ugly, and it's ridiculous, but somehow you have a great time there, and in a sadistic way, you start to like it.

2 Comments:

Blogger ridley said...

I love Dan. And I love his blog. My apartment smells like very old Czech people.

2:43 AM PDT  
Blogger clara said...

whoa. apparently someone else is on the wrong side of a few G-n-Ts also. lol ridley!

8:20 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home