P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Don't Try This At Home Kids

I came up with a plan today. Starting in a day or two I will start and experment on myslef. If you saw Super Size Me it is kind of like that. I will read the whole cannon of Post-Modern Novels. Now I tried some thing like this in high school but I couldn't get through the first six hundered pages of Don DeLillo's Underworld. This might kill me so if I don't make it tell my family to sue DeLillo and Pynchon. Here is my list of books so far; I know I am missing alot so if you have any additions tell me.

Auster: Invention of Solitude
Byatt: Babel Tower, The Virgin in the Garden, Possession
Erdrich: The Antelope Wife
DeLillo: White Noise, Mao II (I refuse to pick up Underworld again)
Ford: The Sportswriter
J.C. Oates: Anything about Merylin Monroe
Kingston: China Men
Momaday: House Made of Dawn
Morisson: Beloved (I don't know if it fits but I should read it any way)
Proulx: The Shipping News
Pynchon: Gravity's Rainbow, Crying of Lot 49
Roth: American Pastoral (I know he is not a post-modernist)
Russo: Empire Falls
Wolfe: Bonfire of the vanities (just for contrast)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home