P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Monday, July 04, 2005

229 Years Old, But With the Wisdom of the Ages

Out side there is constant noise from all the fireworks going off. No town knows who to celebrate the fourth like North Denver. However I have noticed how laid back it is getting in the hood now that yuppies are moving and taking over like a viracious angry hord of goths. On this fourth I would like to share a post I just read on a blog. It comes from a Belgian social and fiscal conservative blog. The author makes a point, and it is one I have never heared before (even at my alma mater), that America grew out of the medieval political systems. I have always argued, and indeed so has every one else, that America grew out of Locke, and even (shame on us if it is true) Hobbes. The author argues, however, that America ows more to Thomas Aquinas than to Locke. But now I am off topic, the point is that this essay is a wonderful birthday card to our country from a wise and understaning European (and I highly recommend that you spend time perusing the other post on the blog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home