P & J

Somehow or other, it never IS the wine, in these cases. -- The Pickwick Papers

Friday, March 31, 2006

Gossip

One of my habits that freaks me out is my ability to collect random gossip. In spite of the fact that I live on the northern tip of an island that is eight thousand miles from where most of my family and school peers live I still seem to know far too much about there lives. Well I have some great gossip (that is, not the bad kind) about a fellow TACer. Well actually I don't know him since he graduated long before I ever went to TAC. Here is the gossip. Sean Kelsey just got tenure at UCLA, I think that means sometime this year.

How do I know this? Well that is the funny bit. I was talking to a St. Andrews professor last night, and she asked me where I did my undergrad. I told her. She said that she knew the place because she was a Princeton when Sean Kelsey was there, that she keeps in touch with him, and she reads his papers for him. She ended with, "oh and he just got tenure". Yet one more proof that the world is a small small small small place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home